Haiti - Elections : The OAS is satisfied of the work done - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
 Download the revised decree and electoral calendar, published in the official journal





Cap-Haitien : Launch of the RN3 Rehabilitation Project

Reopening of the Cap-Haitien post office

Niagara Falls : 223rd anniversary of the Haitian flag

FLASH : 2026 State Examination Calendar

DINEPA : 2026 Performance Internship Program


more news


Zapping Haiti of May 17, 2026

Ceremony honoring more than 60 Haitian educators (List)

Everything you need to know about the different levels of electronic signatures in Haiti

Monitoring of projects funded by the BRH for Research and Development in Haiti

Zapping Haiti of May 16, 2026


more news


Haiti - Elections : The OAS is satisfied of the work done
07/07/2015 11:33:09

Haiti - Elections : The OAS is satisfied of the work done

Albert Ramdin, the outgoing Deputy Secretary-General of the Organization of American States (OAS), indicated he had been assured by the Haitian authorities that the elections will take place in Haiti on the scheduled dates. Ramdin, who visited Port-au-Prince last week, said that the three rounds of elections will begin on August 9 for a new parliament with more than 2,000 candidates.

Regarding the candidates excluded he declared "The issue with the candidates who are not approved to take part in the presidential elections that is a domestic issue that is on the basis on rules and regulations which Provisional Electoral Council (CEP) has insisted on and we have no say in that [...]

We are looking at a fully functional Parliament come January next year and a fully settled legitimate presidency by February next year and that would be a good starting point for the country to continue on a social and economic path to growth."

Recalling that "From the OAS perspective we will be there with an OAS election observation mission and we look forward to the holding of the elections as soon as possible within the framework within two or three rounds, but ninth of August is still the date for the first round," declared Ramdin, who said he was satisfied with the work done on the ground for the elections, noting that although the campaign had not officially started yet "I believe a lot has been done to organise this elections and there is always a lot of work still to be done, but things are progressing well. So far we have had no complaints from a technical point."

SL/ Haitilibre



Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2026
Haitilibre.com